Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Day one of cabin fever

Today is my first full day at home. I'm getting pretty good at knowing when to take the pain meds, and I'm out of bed and moving around a little.

I called my office this morning to talk to my boss and explain what's going on. I think I managed to hand off most of the stuff on my plate to either her or someone else in my office, and everyone knows that though I'm not supposed to, I'll still check e-mail and make sure that things are going as smoothly as possible during my absence.

I'm trying to reschedule jury duty. I'd already rescheduled back in November, and the only date I can reschedule to is May 1. I'm not sure that I'll be able to be up for jury duty by then. Supposedly, they're open at ten, though when I called at 10:06 they said they were closed. ETA: changed to June 5.

I've paid all my bills. I was supposed to do that on Friday, but something came up.

The dogs are rambunctious and Celosa is trying very hard to repeat her feat of last Tuesday: Jumping on the bed. She hasn't been able to replicate that particular move in a week, though she almost made it when she was chasing Crianza this morning. Crianza pushed her off, though, before she could complete the move.

I took a shower this morning, and I got to remove the dressings on my incisions. I can't even see the one in my belly button. There are three others about five inches up and to the right. I told Graham that a) I have a general idea of what it feels like to be shot in the gut, and b) all those movies where someone gets shot in the gut and then runs around afterward are complete and utter bullshit. It was heavenly to wash my hair.

I've made an appointment to see my surgeon a week from tomorrow. He'll check me out and give me a better idea of how long I'll be out of commission.

I have no idea how long before I can exercise again. I suspect that it'll be awhile, given that my incisions are on my core, though maybe I can start walking on the treadmill next week or the week after.