Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry


This morning started with the news that the policy number for the other driver that we got from the police was incorrect. We don't know if it was a transcription error or a deliberate thing, but when our insurance company tried to file the claim, they were told that Farmers doesn't use letters in its policy numbers. They need other identifiers than just name. Hopefully, there's an address or license number that we can use from the police report when it comes out, but it'll take some time for that to happen.

I went to work today from about 11:00 to 3:30. I got a lot done, answered e-mails and telephone calls and got the essential stuff I needed to do done. But by the time I left, I was really feeling my first day back. My neck and arm hurt more than they had in a few days, and I was feeling very tired.

I met Graham and Celosa at the pub around the corner for a late lunch after work. They walked over, and Celosa was a little skittish from the traffic nearby. But she calmed down and was happy to have a sip of my beer and relax for lunch.

There was a message waiting for us when we got home. The insurance company had assessed my car and came up with a number for its value. It was about double what I thought my car was worth, but it's still not anywhere near the price of a new car. I am really not looking forward to having car payments again. It's been nine years since I've had to make a car payment, and I really preferred not having them. I'm hoping that we can eventually negotiate a higher settlement out of the other insurance company, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. I found the title to my car, and I have to send it in to the insurance company, but they'll issue the money pretty quickly after that.

After talking to the insurance company, I went to bed for a nap. I was really tired, and I was somewhat upset that I didn't really make it through the day all that well. But the nap was rejuvenating, and Celosa slept with me, so that was good.

Geek night was at our house tonight and we watched Star Wars for May the Fourth Be With You. Everyone made it, and it was really nice to have a good hunk of my friends over for the night. We didn't talk too much about the wreck. Most of our friends had seen us in the last few days, stopping by to check in on us. We had some pizza and pie. Celosa was overjoyed that all her friends came to visit.

We'll see how tomorrow goes.


( 2 comments — Say something )
May. 5th, 2011 05:35 am (UTC)
Hang in there -- your body has lots to recover. I do hope you will be able to get some body work (osteopathy, chiro, cranial sacral, massage, whatever works for you) to help with the soft-tissue trauma.

and *pets* to Celosa!
May. 5th, 2011 09:30 pm (UTC)
I used to feel that way about injuries--offended and upset that they would tire me, like it was a weakness on my part. But energy that your body normally uses for your every day stuff is being siphoned off to the parts that are healing--totally normal and not a deficiency at all. Rest up, and hard as it is, try not to rush the process. Hanging out with Celosa is a much better way to spend your time. :-)
( 2 comments — Say something )